Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Long Time, No Post

So my work friends told me yesterday that I needed to update my blog, but I told them that not much exciting has been going on for me to post about. The kitchen is finished, the living room is put back together, we've both been extremely busy at work, and the weekends seem to fly by.


I do think that I will take a few minutes and put my two cents out there about The Bachelor. Oh Jason. What were you thinking? You're telling me that you thought it was a good idea to do that to Melissa? Breaking up with her because she isn't the one is understandable. Doing it on national television and then telling her it's because he loves the other girl is JUST. PLAIN. WRONG. I watched the final rose ceremony, and it was the most dramatic one ever! When I watched them jump in the pool together as one big happy family I thought to myself "This one will last - this one will show the rest of them how to do it." Except not less than TWO MINUTES later, my dreams were crushed. Granted it had been well over six weeks since that last episode had taped, but STILL...they could have broken up off camera and left the girl's dignity in tact. I will also say that her parents are probably the smartest people in Dallas to not allow them to come and tape them. I'm sure they've said "I told you so" a time or twelve.


I will say that I did like Molly too, and someone was going to get her feelings hurt. But how can you truly fall in love with someone enough to say "Yes...let's get married!" and also "I would love to become a step-mother at the age of 24." My friend Adrienne would say that they were in a movie in their mind. I love kids, but I think there is a reason that when you get them as an infant. It's because if you got them when they were 4 years old, you would not be as excited when they talk back and pee on the couch. I'm just sayin'.


So now Jason and Molly and Ty will live happily ever after. And Melissa will extend her 15 minutes of fame on Dancing with the Stars. I was lucky to get to watch The Bachelor, but I doubt that DWTS will be on at my house.

1 comment:

Chris & Whitney said...

This post made me laugh out loud! Especially the part about the 4 year old stepchild peeing on the couch! You're too funny...

Hope you're doing well! I love the living room and kitchen - I know you're glad to have it done!