When we left San Francisco de Yojoa and headed back to El Progresso. On our way back, we stopped at Lago Yojoa, the largest lake in Honduras. It was beautiful, but our next stop is one of my favorites. 
The Waterfall is a national park, and I'm sure has a for-real name, but I don't know it. It is one of the most exquisite things I have ever seen as far as nature goes. I first saw it a couple of years ago and walked to the bottom of it, but I didn't go that far this year. What I did see was wonderful and you could still get the spray from it.
After two hours of playing, we headed to Hotel Casa Blanca. This place has become home-away-from-home in Honduras. There's beds, air conditioning and even fast-speed internet! I was so ready to get in a real shower and be in a clean room. After we had a chance to get cleaned up, we headed to Pizza Hut and it was SO good! Probably better than here in Arkansas. I was so tired by that time I didn't take many pictures.
The next day, we stopped by the Anderson's house in a town called El Plan.They were excited to show off the house and compound. Jessica and Michaelya were happy to show off their own rooms.
We met back up with the team at the local mall, which looks very much like Park Plaza, but with more food restaurants. We had lunch and then went back to Hotel Casa Blanca for some rest before the night's activities. Usually on the last night, we have dinner in a nice restaurant and then have a share time. This year was no different. I love share time because everybody gets recognized and has a chance to share what they learned during the week. There was lots of laughing and crying, and there were even some people that I had wished I had gotten to know better.
2 comments:
I'm jealous of your mani/pedi, hair and massage! Your pictures are really cool- seems like there are some beautiful areas there.
Hi there! I worked at the boys home, La Fundacion AHLE in San Francisco de Yojoa in 2006 and have been back for many months since then. I met my husband there!! When I did a search for the town, I came across your blog.
Thanks so much for what you do for the people there. The conditions are very basic and people there are suffering, especially as the food prices soar and the US economic issues trickle down to Honduras (and the rest of the world). Medical and dental care are far down the list of things that people can afford. Thank you again!! Dios les bendiga.
As for the name of the waterfall, it's "Cataratas de Pulhapanzak". Glad you enjoyed your time there!
Suzanne
Post a Comment