Y'all - it is finally FALL! I am so stinkin' excited. Right now, I am sitting on my back patio, chips and a drink in hand, sitting with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. Oh and I'm also facing my pretty red barn that is catty-cornered from the back of our house. (You can't see it in the summer, but in the fall and winter it is a picture perfect scene).
So this past weekend was very eventful and so much fun. We invited our Sunday School class over to watch the Razorback game, and when it got canceled, we told them to come on anyway and we'll have us an old fashioned Baptist fellowship. The guys played domino's and Guitar Hero, and the girls sat around and visited. It was so great. I feel so blessed by these new friends - something I really didn't expect to find so soon. It just goes to show you that if you put forth the effort, God will bless those efforts.
Leading up to the party we did have one project to finish. Brent really wanted to finish the trim around the back door before we had our new friends come over. So we spent Friday night and Saturday morning finishing that up, and it looks great. Brent does such a great job at projects and has so much more patience than I have. I also cleaned the house and cooked a few appetizers for Saturday, and between all of that and the hurricane coverage, I didn't go to sleep until midnight.
So on Saturday everybody came over and we had a great time, but it was M-U-G-G-Y. We knew Hurricane Ike was supposed to be headed our way, but little did we know he would cut our party just a little short. The party was almost over when Ned started calling and telling us a tornado was on the way. TAKE COVER NOW! Then the tornado sirens started going off (in another part of town), so the party was officially over then. Everybody cleared out in 2 minutes flat. I was kinda worried that we would have to get 12 people in my bathroom, and THAT would have been the problem. Luckily, everybody made it home (with kids in tact) safe and sound. The sirens went off for 15 minutes and then it quit raining. We thought it wasn't anything until the news came on and said an F1 tornado had touched down. Thankfully the Lord put his protection around people and no one was hurt. Apparently the rest of the wind and rain from Ike came through about 11, but I didn't hear a thang! I was zonked out, but I did catch the SNL segment with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. It's CRAZY how much they look alike!
On Sunday morning, we went to church and had a good time in Sunday School and in Preschool during the B hour. It was a little overwhelming to be alone with seven 3-year-olds, but we made it. Brent was so funny with those kids - I couldn't have done that by myself! After church, we found a new place to eat. Emily's Restaurant on Hwy 89 is great! It reminds me of the hospital buffet in McGehee. (You laugh, but that is some GOOD cooking!) Everyone in Cabot should check it out - it was pretty reasonable too. So after that plate lunch and brownie, I was ready to read the paper and for a nap. It's funny how when you're growing up you never think you will do things like your parents. But it's just the opposite! I love going to church and then taking naps. (I really am not that fond of cooking Sunday dinner though).
Our friends Katy and Jacob took some pictures, so maybe I can steal some from them once they post them.
No comments:
Post a Comment