Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Don't Be Swinging On It

During one of those dorm move-ins one year at Ouachita, my dad put together this over-the-toilet shelf, which somehow was completely jacked up and uneven. I don't even know how it got to be like that, but we had to place blocks of wood on one side to get it even. When he got done, he said, "Don't be swinging on it." Mom and I thought that was so funny, that every time we would put something else together, we'd say "Don't be swinging on it."

Well, we have finally finished the fence, and I repeated our catch phrase when I was holding up the last board for placement. This was a lot of work and a combined effort (thanks Jeff and Abbe), and it's going to do just what we want it to. Give us some privacy from the neighbors and their barking dogs.

And I've had to start closing up the gazebo's screens because birds were getting under there and making a big mess. I'm pretty sure they have been eating my flowers that I've had on the table there too.

Our next project is to put together the 10x8 metal building we have bought and clean out the storage room. And then after that - I'm done! At least for a little while anyway. It's been so hot here lately, and I'm praying that our poor little air conditioner makes it through the rest of the summer. We had it worked on a few weeks ago, and they pretty much said that it was going to do as good as it can for its age. I actually considered aluminum foil yesterday...it was that hot in the house!


This is why we only put up part of a fence. ha!

No comments: