Monday, January 21, 2008

Looking back

This past Friday night, I spent the night with Ma (my dad's mother). We had a good visit, and I also got to scan some pictures that I've been wanting to capture digitally. One of my favorite things to do when I go to Wells Bayou is to look through those photo alumbs and take a trip down memory lane. Our family has a wonderful heritage, and we have stories that go back to my great-great grandparents. In the past year, we have started a family website that you can house pictures and stories in one location. It's been so much fun reconnecting with everyone through that.
The time at my grandparents house was bittersweet though. Pa (dad's dad) has been recently placed in the nursing home at Star City. He's in the last stages of Alzheimer's Disease, and while it is overwhelming to go through this, I am amazed and inspired by the courage of my grandmother. She is praying for God's will, which isn't an easy thing to do. I know God is looking over both of them, and He is in control.

Sarah, Mom, Me, and Dad













Sarah and Pa














Me, Dad, and Sarah (we were playing dress-up)













Me and Pa - I'm wearing a "Big Sister" t-shirt












This was the day they brought my sister home from the hopsital. That's Memaw (my great-grandmother), me, Sarah, and Ma. (Still wearing the "Big Sister" t-shirt.

No comments: